Finding a rental property can sometimes seem challenging, but Christopher Edwards Estate Agents are here to guide you from beginning to end.
We will endeavour to secure you a rental property that matches your criteria and is within your budget. We shall accompany you on viewings and our staff will be happy to give advice on all aspects of your move. We will provide you with full information on the local area including schools, shops, and other facilities. We believe in looking after our tenants and ensuring that you receive the best care and attention possible.
Once your offer has been accepted you will be required to pay a Holding Deposit in order for the property to be withdrawn from the open market. Suitable references will need to be undertaken by each prospective tenant and/or guarantors.
Upon receipt of satisfactory references, the tenancy agreement will then be drafted and sent via electronic means to all parties for approval and signatures. Once completed and returned, all remaining money due prior to the start of the tenancy must be received in full in cleared funds.
On receipt of cleared funds arrangements are made for you to move in. You must then make monthly rental payments in advance by standing order on the anniversary of the day that the tenancy commenced.
Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st June 2019
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
- the rent;
- a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year;
- a holding deposit of no more than one weeks' rent;
- default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days);
- reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs;
- payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant;
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant; and
- payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.
Fees applying to all pre-existing tenancies entered before 1st June 2019
We shall continue to apply the charges within the existing tenancy agreement until 31st May 2020.